Monday, November 17, 2008

Father,
You complete my joy.
Thank You for the gift of joy. I thank You for those days when the sun shines, all is right with the world, and happiness naturally springs up in my heart. But I thank You even more that Your joy is never dependent on outward circumstances, but that it is a mysterious inward gift that comes from Your work in my heart. I praise You, Lord, for Your constant goodness to me. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.
2 How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame [a] ?
How long will you love delusions and seek false gods [b] ?
3 Know that the LORD has set apart the godly for himself;
the LORD will hear when I call to him.
4 In your anger do not sin;
when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent.
5 Offer right sacrifices and trust in the LORD.
6 Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?"
Let the light of your face shine upon us, O LORD.
Psalm 4 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Habakkuk 2: 1-4, 9-20James 2:14-26Luke 16:19-31

No comments: