Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Soren Aabye Kierkegaard, Theologian

Father in heaven, you awaken conscience in our breast and keep us vigilant that we may work out our salvation in fear and trembling: When the law in its seriousness fills us with dread and thunder booms from Sinai, grant that we may also hear a gentle voice murmuring to us that we are your children; through your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen
(adapted from a prayer of Kierkegaard)

89 Your word, O LORD, is eternal;
it stands firm in the heavens.
90 Your faithfulness continues through all generations;
you established the earth, and it endures.
91 Your laws endure to this day,
for all things serve you.
92 If your law had not been my delight,
I would have perished in my affliction.
93 I will never forget your precepts,
for by them you have preserved my life.
94 Save me, for I am yours;
I have sought out your precepts.
Psalm 119 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Joel 2:12-19 - Revelation 19:11-21Luke 15:1-10

No comments: