Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Father,
You are Lord over all.
You do not label me an "outsider" or "insider," "winner" or "loser." You look, not at my outward appearance, but at my heart. Today, teach me to look on the heart and to see that You love each person, that You died for each one. When I see injustice, I remember that I do not know the end of the story. Only You know the full truth. I trust Your judgment, for You are Lord over all. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 My heart is steadfast, O God;
I will sing and make music with all my soul.
2 Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.
3 I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.
4 For great is your love, higher than the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens,
and let your glory be over all the earth.
6 Save us and help us with your right hand,
that those you love may be delivered.
Psalm 98 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Zechariah 11:4-171 Corinthians 3:10-23Luke 18:31-43

No comments: