Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November 5, 2008 - Elizabeth & Zechariah, Parents of St John the Baptist

Father,
You are the Joy of my heart.
When I am weary of the world, I come to You for renewal. In our time of intimate communion, You reveal Your love to me. Your voice speaks to my heart, telling me the secrets of the Kingdom. Thank You, Lord, for showing me that one of the delightful secrets of the Kingdom of God is the joy that bubbles up like a spring, renewing my heart and helping me find joy in You. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Deliver me from my enemies, O God;
protect me from those who rise up against me.
2 Deliver me from evildoers
and save me from bloodthirsty men.
3 See how they lie in wait for me!
Fierce men conspire against me
for no offense or sin of mine, O LORD.
16 But I will sing of your strength,
in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress,
my refuge in times of trouble.
17 O my Strength, I sing praise to you;
you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God..
Psalm 59 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Zephaniah 2:1-15Revelation 16:1-11Luke 13:10-17

No comments: