Friday, November 28, 2008

Father,
Now that I know that I am saved, beyond all shadow of doubt, I will fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life to which you have called me, and profess a good profession before all. I will hold fast the profession of my faith without wavering, because I know your are faithful with all your promises. Thank you dear Lord. Amen.
(From "Bible Prayers for All Your Needs")

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners will turn back to you.
Psalm 51 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading): Zechariah 14:1-11Romans 15:7-13Luke 19:28-40

No comments: