Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Father,
You teach me mercy.
You are merciful to me, Lord. You use my relationships to teach me the gentle lessons of mercy's generous gifts. You use my circumstances to teach me to live a merciful life. But even now, my nature cries out for revenge rather than love and compassion. Give me a new heart -- one that is willing to carry the burdens of others, giving mercy in the same measure that I have received mercy from You. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty;
the LORD is robed in majesty and is armed with strength.
The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved.
2 Your throne was established long ago;
you are from all eternity.
3 The seas have lifted up, O LORD, the seas have lifted up their voice;
the seas have lifted up their pounding waves.
4 Mightier than the thunder of the great waters,
mightier than the breakers of the sea—
the LORD on high is mighty.
5 Your statutes stand firm;
holiness adorns your house for endless days, O LORD.
Psalm 93 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Isaiah 25:1-9Revelation 1:9-20John 7:53-8:11

No comments: