Thursday, July 23, 2009

Father,
You are the Source of my confident faith.
In every situation, You are my Provider and Protector. In every relationship, You are my Peacemaker. You guide me all of the time, wherever I go, helping me to navigate each obstacle as it appears in my path. You are totally trustworthy and will never let me down. Because I depend on You, I am confident that help will come at exactly the right time. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

10 His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse,
nor his delight in the legs of a man;
11 the LORD delights in those who fear him,
who put their hope in his unfailing love.
12 Extol the LORD, O Jerusalem;
praise your God, O Zion,
13 for he strengthens the bars of your gates
and blesses your people within you.
14 He grants peace to your borders
and satisfies you with the finest of wheat.
15 He sends his command to the earth;
his word runs swiftly.
Psalm 19 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
1 Samuel 13:5-18Acts 8:26-40Luke 23:13-25

No comments: