Monday, July 13, 2009

O GOD, heavenly Father, who by your Son Jesus Christ hast promised to all those who seek your kingdom, and the righteousness thereof, all things necessary to their bodily sustenance; Send us, we beseech you, in this our necessity, such moderate rain and showers, that we may receive the fruits of the earth to our comfort, and to your honor; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 1928 Book of Common Prayer

7 My heart is steadfast, O God,
my heart is steadfast;
I will sing and make music.
8 Awake, my soul!
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.
9 I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.
10 For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
11 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
let your glory be over all the earth.
Psalm 57 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
1 Samuel 5:1-12Acts 5:12-26Luke 21:29-36

No comments: