Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Holy God, you have promised that your Holy Spirit, the spirit of your truth, will be with your church. Help us in the ELCA to discern rightly what your Spirit is saying to the church. Lead us in your truth. Call us to repent of those things which are wrong, especially which have looked good and right in our own eyes. Help me to take responsibility for my own sins and shortcomings, those things which may lead my brothers and sisters into error. Renew a right spirit within all of us who serve in the ELCA, and do not cast us away from your presence. Hear us for the sake of your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.Rev. Erma Wolf STS

1 [a]I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonders.
2 I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
3 My enemies turn back;
they stumble and perish before you.
4 For you have upheld my right and my cause;
you have sat on your throne, judging righteously.
7 The LORD reigns forever;
he has established his throne for judgment.
8 He will judge the world in righteousness;
he will govern the peoples with justice.
Psalm 9 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
1 Samuel 7:2-17Acts 6:1-15Luke 22:14-23

No comments: