Friday, July 17, 2009

Father,
You help me love others.
You are constantly teaching me about Your love through the relationships in my life. I learn about patience from those who frustrate and anger me. I learn about compassion from those who hurt and wrong me. I learn about love from those who have loved me faithfully through the years despite my faults. Lord, I thank You for using my relationships to make me a better person -- a person who is pleasing to You. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 O LORD, the God who avenges,
O God who avenges, shine forth.
2 Rise up, O Judge of the earth;
pay back to the proud what they deserve.
3 How long will the wicked, O LORD,
how long will the wicked be jubilant?
4 They pour out arrogant words;
all the evildoers are full of boasting.
5 They crush your people, O LORD;
they oppress your inheritance.
12 Blessed is the man you discipline, O LORD,
the man you teach from your law;
Psalm 94 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
1 Samuel 9:1-14Acts 7:17-29Luke 22:31-38

No comments: