Friday, July 24, 2009

Lord, when I try to make peace with others in my world. I often think of the blessings of not having arguments, problems, and unresolved issues. I can't say I really look at the big picture, when just having the immediate blessing seems so good. But You promise me that as I make peace with friends, family, and coworkers, I will reap something else -- goodness.
I'm thankful that Your blessings are not small ones. As I obey You for the little things, You often give me an extra, even better blessing. Thank You for Your generosity. With this second harvest I want to do good for others, as well as myself. Amen
(From "Prayers & Promises")

1 Praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD from the heavens,
praise him in the heights above.
2 Praise him, all his angels,
praise him, all his heavenly hosts.
3 Praise him, sun and moon,
praise him, all you shining stars.
4 Praise him, you highest heavens
and you waters above the skies.
5 Let them praise the name of the LORD,
for he commanded and they were created.
6 He set them in place for ever and ever;
he gave a decree that will never pass away.
Psalm 148 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
1 Samuel 13:19-14:15Acts 9:1-9Luke 23:26-31

No comments: