Friday, October 9, 2009

Dear Lord, I am thankful that You were kind enough to provide Your Word. The orderliness of nature tells me of Your existence; I would be miserable knowing that You had created me but then abandoned Your creation. I sense Your presence when I read the Bible. I hear Your voice and learn that You take a personal interest in me. Your Word gives me a glimpse of You.
Lord, I pray for the will to read Your Word, a mind to understand its meaning, the ability to apply its principles to my life, and the determination to act upon what I learn. Amen.
(From "Prayers & Promises")

1 I rejoiced with those who said to me,
"Let us go to the house of the LORD."
2 Our feet are standing
in your gates, O Jerusalem.
3 Jerusalem is built like a city
that is closely compacted together.
4 That is where the tribes go up, the tribes of the LORD,
to praise the name of the LORD according to the statute given to Israel.
5 There the thrones for judgment stand,
the thrones of the house of David.
6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
"May those who love you be secure.
Psalm 122 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
2 Kings 1:2-171 Corinthians 3:16-23Matthew 5:11-16

No comments: