Wednesday, October 28, 2009

St Simon & St Jude, Apostles

O Almighty God, who have built your Church upon the foundation Of the Apostles and Prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the head corner-stone; Grant us so to be joined together in unity of spirit by their doctrine, that we may be made a holy temple acceptable to you; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
From The Lutheran Book Worship

89The Lord exists for ever;
your word is firmly fixed in heaven.
90Your faithfulness endures to all generations;
you have established the earth, and it stands fast.
91By your appointment they stand today,
for all things are your servants.
92If your law had not been my delight,
I would have perished in my misery.
93I will never forget your precepts,
for by them you have given me life.
94I am yours; save me,
for I have sought your precepts.
Psalm 119 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
2 Kings 22:14- 23:31 Corinthians 11:23-34Matthew 9:9-17

No comments: