Friday, October 23, 2009

St James of Jerusalem

Lord Jesus Christ, who set your brother James on the throne of Your church in Jerusalem: Grant that as he continually interceded for the sins of your people, and worked to reconcile in one body both Jew and Gentile; so your Church may give itself continually to prayer and to the reconciliation of all who are at variance and enmity, and may ever be an effectual witness for the salvation of all mankind. Grant this, O Son of Man, who are on the right hand of the Father, in the unity of the Spirit, now and ever. Amen
From The Book of Common Prayer

145With my whole heart I cry; answer me, O Lord.
I will keep your statutes.
146I cry to you; save me,
that I may observe your decrees.
147I rise before dawn and cry for help;
I put my hope in your words.
148My eyes are awake before each watch of the night,
that I may meditate on your promise.
149In your steadfast love hear my voice;
O Lord, in your justice preserve my life.
151Yet you are near, O Lord,
and all your commandments are true.
Psalm 119 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
2 Kings 19:1-201 Corinthians 9:16-27Matthew 8:1-17

No comments: