Monday, October 5, 2009

Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. -- Psalm 119:105
Every day I face challenging decisions of all sizes - questions that make me wonder if I'm making good choices. How often I wonder what I should do next, Lord. If I look to the world for answers, I feel confused. Everyone offers a different response and after awhile I'm not sure who's right.
But when I turn to Your Word, I never need to worry about that. You always give me good advice, guidance I can count on. Keep me daily in Your Word, Lord, and once I know the right way, help me to walk in it. I want to follow Your light, Jesus, every day of my life. Amen.
(From "Light for My Path - Prayers & Promises")

7 My heart is steadfast, O God,
my heart is steadfast;
I will sing and make music.
8 Awake, my soul!
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.
9 I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.
10 For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
11 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
let your glory be over all the earth.
Psalm 57 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
1 Kings 21:1-161 Corinthians 1:1-19Matthew 4:1-11

No comments: