Friday, October 2, 2009

Father
Sometimes I feel very sure of myself, filled with self-confidence. But sometimes, I see my own foolishness and run to You for the wisdom and understanding I lack. Thank You, Lord, for giving Your wisdom freely when I ask for it. Thank You for giving it without scolding or chiding me. Without You, I would come to nothing. But with You, I can achieve all You have planned for me. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge.
5 Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
6 Surely you desire truth in the inner parts;
you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.
7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Psalm 51 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
1 Kings 18:20-40Philippians 3:1-16Matthew 3:1-12

No comments: