Thursday, October 15, 2009

Teresa of Avila- Renewer of the Church

Almighty God, who, when the hearts of your people have grown Cold, send your Spirit to relight the flame of your love in their hearts, and raise up faithful ministers to recall your people to their former devotion and service: Mercifully grant that we, following the teaching and example of Teresa of Avila and others, may be filled with your Holy Spirit, may be aflame with zeal for your glory and love for your goodness and hunger for your love, and that our feet may be set upon the path that leads to true holiness; the which we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and ever.

1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
Psalm 139 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
2 Kings 9:1-161 Corinthians 6:12-20Matthew 6:1-6, 16-18

No comments: