Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Father,
You are the Source of real strength.
I know that I cannot place my security in the strength of armies and navies. They may seem invincible, able to conquer the world, and yet, they are nothing compared to You. Though they wield great power, they have no sway over the human heart. Their fortunes change day to day and are subject to changing circumstances and the whims of man. I will place my trust in You, Lord, and look to You for my strength and security. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth.
2 Worship the Lord with gladness;
come into his presence with singing.
3 Know that the Lord is God.
It is he that made us, and we are his;*
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him, bless his name.
5For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures for ever,
and his faithfulness to all generations
Psalm 100 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Genesis 49:29-50:14 - 1 Corinthians 11:17-34 - Mark 8:1-10

No comments: