Thursday, March 11, 2010

Father,
You comfort me in my suffering.
I realize that the mystery of suffering, Lord, cannot always be understood. It must be embraced by faith. I also know that You understand my suffering because You have suffered on my behalf. Father, I thank You for comfort in times of sorrow. Though I do not understand with my mind, my heart knows You are with me and You will work all things for good according to Your will. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 O God, do not keep silence;
do not hold your peace or be still, O God!
2 Even now your enemies are in tumult;
those who hate you have raised their heads.
3 They lay crafty plans against your people;
they consult together against those you protect.
4 They say, ‘Come, let us wipe them out as a nation;
let the name of Israel be remembered no more.’
5 They conspire with one accord;
against you they make a covenant—
13 O my God, make them like whirling dust,*
like chaff before the wind.
Psalm 119 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Genesis 46:1-7, 28-34 - 1 Corinthians 9:1-15 - Mark 6:30-46

No comments: