Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday of Holy Week

Father,
I am now crucified with Christ. Nevertheless, I live; yet it is not I who lives, but Christ who lives within me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. By faith in Christ Jesus, Father, I have become your child. Thank you for adopting me into your family. Amen.
(From "Bible Prayers for All Your Needs")

1 In my distress I cry to the Lord,
that he may answer me:
2 ‘Deliver me, O Lord, from lying lips,
from a deceitful tongue.’
3 What shall be given to you?
And what more shall be done to you, you deceitful tongue?
4 A warrior’s sharp arrows,
with glowing coals of the broom tree!
5 Woe is me, that I am an alien in Meshech,
that I must live among the tents of Kedar.
6 Too long have I had my dwelling
among those who hate peace.
7 I am for peace;
but when I speak, they are for war.
Psalm 51 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Lamentations 1:17-22 - 2 Corinthians 1:8-22 - Mark 11:27-33

No comments: