Thursday, March 4, 2010

Father,
You forgive me so I can forgive others.
When others hurt and abuse me, I want to strike out at them. But You urge me to forgive. I find that difficult to do until You remind me that I have also been found guilty. Others have suffered at my hands, often without my even knowing it. It is then that I see and understand. I must forgive as freely as I myself have been forgiven. Thank You for covering my transgressions with Your love and the blood of Your precious Son. Amen.
From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares"

7 I have been like a portent to many,
but you are my strong refuge.
8 My mouth is filled with your praise,
and with your glory all day long.
9 Do not cast me off in the time of old age;
do not forsake me when my strength is spent.
10 For my enemies speak concerning me,
and those who watch for my life consult together.
11 They say, ‘Pursue and seize that person
whom God has forsaken,
for there is no one to deliver.’
12 O God, do not be far from me;
O my God, make haste to help me!
Psalm 71 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Genesis 42:29-38 - 1 Corinthians 6:12-20 - Mark 4:21-34

No comments: