Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Oscar Romero

Eternal God of justice and love, you hold in your mind a vision of creation as you intend it to be: by the example of your servant Oscar Romero, give us a view of your work that we may commit the future to you,, confident that what we do in your Name will, in your good time, grow and flourish to your glory, through you Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
(Philip H Pfatteicher)

1Give ear to my words, O Lord;
give heed to my sighing.
2Listen to the sound of my cry,
my King and my God,
for to you I pray.
3O Lord, in the morning you hear my voice;
in the morning I plead my case to you, and watch.
4For you are not a God who delights in wickedness;
evil will not sojourn with you.
5The boastful will not stand before your eyes;
you hate all evildoers.
6You destroy those who speak lies;
the Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful.
Psalm 5 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Exodus 7:8-24 - 2 Corinthians 2:14-3:6 - Mark 10:1-16

No comments: