Friday, March 5, 2010

Father,
You teach me to believe for the best in others.
It is too easy to let my tongue slip. A little gossip here, a snide comment there -- suddenly I find myself in the quicksand of self-righteousness. Lord, teach me to close my mouth, open my eyes, and see Your work in the people I have been belittling. Teach me to keep faith with Your children and believe for the best in them. Thank You for Your patience and forgiveness in my own life. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

13 But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord.
At an acceptable time, O God,
in the abundance of your steadfast love, answer me.
With your faithful help 14rescue me
from sinking in the mire;
let me be delivered from my enemies
and from the deep waters.
15 Do not let the flood sweep over me,
or the deep swallow me up,
or the Pit close its mouth over me.
16 Answer me, O Lord, for your steadfast love is good;
according to your abundant mercy, turn to me.
17 Do not hide your face from your servant,
for I am in distress—make haste to answer me.
18 Draw near to me, redeem me,
set me free because of my enemies.
Psalm 69 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Genesis 43:1-15 - 1 Corinthians 7:1-9 - Mark 4:35-41

No comments: