Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ambrose of Milan
O God, you enabled your servant Ambrose to humble the pride of princes, to win the learned, and to teach the simple: Grant that we in our turn may walk humbly before you and resist iniquity in high places, glad to sing your praises before the whole assembly of your people; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns in you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen
(Horace Finn Tucker)

5 For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble;
he will conceal me under the cover of his tent;
he will set me high on a rock.
6 Now my head is lifted up above my enemies all around me,
and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make melody to the Lord.
7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud,
be gracious to me and answer me!
8 ‘Come,’ my heart says, ‘seek his face!’
Your face, Lord, do I seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me.
Do not turn your servant away in anger, you who have been my help.
Do not cast me off, do not forsake me, O God of my salvation!
11 Teach me your way, O Lord,
and lead me on a level path because of my enemies.
Psalm 27 - New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Isaiah 5:18-25 - 1 Thessalonians 5:12-28 - Luke 21:29-38

No comments: