Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Eternal Father, let the bells of Christmas signify gentleness as the answer to all violence, tenderness as the answer to the world's harshness, light as the answer to the dark shadows of our misunderstandings, hope as the answer to the meaning of life. Amen.
(Thomas Merton)

65 You have dealt well with your servant,
O Lord, according to your word.
66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge,
for I believe in your commandments.
67 Before I was humbled I went astray,
but now I keep your word.
68 You are good and do good;
teach me your statutes.
69 The arrogant smear me with lies,
but with my whole heart I keep your precepts.
70 Their hearts are fat and gross,
but I delight in your law.
Psalm 119 - New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Isaiah 9:8-17 - 2 Peter 2:1-10a - Mark 1:1-8

No comments: