Thursday, December 30, 2010

Every day I face challenging decisions of all sizes -- questions that make me wonder if I'm making good choices. How often I wonder what I should do next, Lord. If I look to the world for answers, I feel confused. Everyone offers a different response, and after awhile I'm not sure who's right.
But when I turn to Your Word, I never need to worry about that. You always give me good advice, guidance I can count on. Keep me daily in Your Word, Lord, and once I know the right way, help me to walk in it. I want to follow Your light, Jesus, every day of my life. Amen.
(From "Prayers & Promises")

1 The Lord is king, he is robed in majesty;
the Lord is robed, he is girded with strength.
He has established the world; it shall never be moved;
2 your throne is established from of old;
you are from everlasting.
3 The floods have lifted up, O Lord,
the floods have lifted up their voice;
the floods lift up their roaring.
4 More majestic than the thunders of mighty waters,
more majestic than the waves* of the sea,
majestic on high is the Lord!
5 Your decrees are very sure;
holiness befits your house,
O Lord, for evermore.
Psalm 93 - New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Isaiah 25:1-9 - Revelation 1:9-20 - John 7:53-8:11

No comments: