Thursday, December 9, 2010

Giver of Peace, inspire all peoples with your meekness and humility of heart. Heal the strife and animosity that separate your sons and daughters and all the nations of the world. You who came to save us, endow us with loving intentions and loving actions. Let the peace of Bethlehem be with us always. Grant us the peace of justice, the peace of charity, and eternal peace with you. Amen.
(Thomas Merton)

16 He reached down from on high, he took me;
he drew me out of mighty waters.
17 He delivered me from my strong enemy,
and from those who hated me;
for they were too mighty for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my calamity;
but the Lord was my support.
19 He brought me out into a broad place;
he delivered me, because he delighted in me.
20 The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness;
according to the cleanness of my hands he recompensed me.
21 For I have kept the ways of the Lord,
and have not wickedly departed from my God.
Psalm 18 - New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Isaiah 7:1-9 - 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 - Luke 22:1-13-

No comments: