Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Artist-King, you who created us from impure clay and whose skill is manifest in the things of the world, let us ever acknowledge the wonder of your work. Bring us the keystone, the tent peg, the center of the circle who will repair our lowly house and heart with a firm hand. We wait in weariness for the arrival of one who will leave only the chosen standing. Draw us together as daughters and sons of God. Amen.
(Thomas Merton)

25 My soul clings to the dust;
revive me according to your word.
26 When I told of my ways, you answered me;
teach me your statutes.
27 Make me understand the way of your precepts,
and I will meditate on your wondrous works.
28 My soul melts away for sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word.
29 Put false ways far from me;
and graciously teach me your law.
30 I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
I set your ordinances before me.
31 I cling to your decrees, O Lord;
let me not be put to shame.
32 I run the way of your commandments,
for you enlarge my understanding.
Psalm 119 - New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Isaiah 6:1-13 - 2 Thessalonians 1:1-12 - John 7:53-8:11

No comments: