Thursday, December 2, 2010

Francis Xavier, Missionary
O God, eternal Father, through the preaching and holy life of your servant Francis you brought many nations to yourself: Give his zeal for the faith, we pray, to all who believe in you, that your Church may rejoice in continued growth throughout the world; through Jesus Christ our Lord , who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever, Amen.

1 For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation. 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall never be shaken. 6 He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. 7 On God rests my deliverance and my honor; my mighty rock, my refuge is in God.
8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.
Psalm 62 - New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Isaiah 3:8-15 - 1 Thessalonians 4:1-12 - Luke 20:41-21:4

No comments: