Thursday, August 9, 2007

Father,
I praise You in all circumstances.
You are Lord over all, and I thank You for Your presence in each circumstance of my life. When I am happy, I praise You for the joy of living. When I am sad, I thank You for Your loving care. When I am worried, You ask me to set aside my fears and take time to give You the honor and glory. I speak and sing freely in Your presence in every circumstance because Your love has given me a song to sing. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!
His faithful love endures forever.
2 Let all Israel repeat:
“His faithful love endures forever.”
3 Let Aaron’s descendants, the priests, repeat:
“His faithful love endures forever.”
4 Let all who fear the Lord repeat:
“His faithful love endures forever.”
5 In my distress I prayed to the Lord,
and the Lord answered me and set me free.
6 The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear.
What can mere people do to me?
Psalm 118 1-6 New Living Translation

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
1 Samuel 28:3-20Acts 15:1-11Mark 5:1-20

No comments: