Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Father,
You help me understand the truth.
O Lord, I know so much of the truth in my head, but I realize that it must be translated to my heart. I don't want to be one of those people who can quote the Bible and build a good argument, yet lacks the embodiment of the truth in my life. No matter how good the words sound, it is nothing but noise unless love leads the way. Help me understand and apply truth so it reaches my heart. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Praise the LORD.
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.
2 Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the LORD
or fully declare his praise?
3 Blessed are they who maintain justice,
who constantly do what is right.
4 Remember me, O LORD, when you show favor to your people,
come to my aid when you save them,
5 that I may enjoy the prosperity of your chosen ones,
that I may share in the joy of your nation
and join your inheritance in giving praise.

Psalm 106 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
2 Samuel 14:21-33Acts 21:15-26Mark 10:17-31

No comments: