Thursday, August 30, 2007

Lord, I come to you, confess, and am forgiven. You are amazing: I sin against your creation, and you forgive me. I am sorry that even knowing how you forgive, I still try to hide, rationalize, or deny my sin. Help me, Heavenly Father, to trust your love so that I willingly come to you seeking your redemption. Amen.
(From "Daily Texts")

8 I love the house where you live, O LORD, the place where your glory dwells.
9 Do not take away my soul along with sinners, my life with bloodthirsty men,
10 in whose hands are wicked schemes, whose right hands are full of bribes.
11 But I lead a blameless life; redeem me and be merciful to me.
12 My feet stand on level ground; in the great assembly I will praise the LORD.
Psalm 26 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
2 Samuel 15:1-18Acts 21:27-36Mark 10:32-45

No comments: