Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Father,
You are my source of all wisdom.
Sometimes I feel very sure of myself, filled with self-confidence. But sometimes, I see my own foolishness and run to You for the wisdom and understanding I lack. Thank You, Lord, for giving Your wisdom freely when I ask for it. Thank You for giving it without scolding or chiding me. Without You, I would come to nothing. But with You, I can achieve all You have planned for me. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 I will exalt you, Lord, for you rescued me.
You refused to let my enemies triumph over me.
2 O Lord my God, I cried to you for help,
and you restored my health.
3 You brought me up from the grave, O Lord.
You kept me from falling into the pit of death.
4 Sing to the Lord, all you godly ones!
Praise his holy name.
5 For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime!
Weeping may last through the night,
but joy comes with the morning.
Psalm 30:1-5 New Living Translation

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
1 Samuel 25:1-22Acts 14:1-18Mark 4:21-34

No comments: