Friday, August 17, 2007

Father,
I thank You.
My heart is overflowing with gratitude. You have blessed me in so many ways, and I am anxious to praise you wherever I go. Hymns of thanksgiving rise up in my heart, and I cannot keep from speaking them out loud. I find myself telling others how much You mean to me -- how much You have brought to my life. Thank You, Lord, for Your goodness, and receive my praise today. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 How the king rejoices in your strength, O Lord!
He shouts with joy because you give him victory.
2 For you have given him his heart’s desire;
you have withheld nothing he requested.
5 Your victory brings him great honor,
and you have clothed him with splendor and majesty.
6 You have endowed him with eternal blessings
and given him the joy of your presence.
7 For the king trusts in the Lord.
The unfailing love of the Most High will keep him from stumbling.
Psalm 21 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
2 Samuel 5:1-12Acts 17:1-15Mark 7:24-37

No comments: