Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Francis Xavier, Missionary to Asia

Father,
I love You.
As a human being with needs and weaknesses, I do not love You perfectly. But I do love You, and I am learning how to perfect my love in You. I love You with my mind, delighting in Your wisdom. I love You with my heart, savoring our intimate communion. I love You with my strength, sharing Your love in practical ways with others. Lord, I love You. Teach me to love You better. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

9 Within your temple, O God,
we meditate on your unfailing love.
10 Like your name, O God,
your praise reaches to the ends of the earth;
your right hand is filled with righteousness.
11 Mount Zion rejoices,
the villages of Judah are glad
because of your judgments.
14 For this God is our God for ever and ever;
he will be our guide even to the end.
Psalm 48 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading): Isaiah 2:1-41 Thessalonians 2:13-20Luke 20:19-26

No comments: