Thursday, December 11, 2008

Blessed Lord, I am precious in your sight! What an affirmation to hang on to when feelings of self-doubt and discouragement overwhelm me. May the tribulations of this earthly life be as nothing when compared to the joy of new life in Christ. Help me reach out to others with your good news. Amen.
(From "Daily Texts")

1 I love you, O LORD, my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn [a] of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.
20 The LORD has dealt with me according to my righteousness;
according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me.
21 For I have kept the ways of the LORD;
I have not done evil by turning from my God.
Psalm18 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Isaiah 7:1-92 Thessalonians 2:1-12Luke 22:1-13

No comments: