Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Eternal God, though your power to redeem the world seems hidden from many who are wise and understanding, I stand in awe of you. Grant me a humble faith that I may be numbered among those who worship at the foot of the cross. When it is time for me to speak or act, grant me boldness through my Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
(From "Daily Texts")

1 O Lord, the God of vengeance,
O God of vengeance, let your glorious justice shine forth!
2 Arise, O judge of the earth.
Give the proud what they deserve.
12 Joyful are those you discipline, Lord,
those you teach with your instructions.
13 You give them relief from troubled times
until a pit is dug to capture the wicked.
14 The Lord will not reject his people;
he will not abandon his special possession.
15 Judgment will again be founded on justice,
and those with virtuous hearts will pursue it.
Psalm 94 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Isaiah 5:18-251 Thessalonians 5:12-28Luke 21:29-38

No comments: