Monday, December 29, 2008

Father,
You teach me how to love.
Every day is a fresh start. Every day is another opportunity to learn lessons in love. Love is patient, so I ask You to help me be patient. Love is kind, so I ask You to help me treat others with respect. Love is gentle, so I look to You to help me not to condemn myself or others for failure. You are Love, Lord. As I spend time in Your presence, show me what real love is. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 When the LORD brought back the captives to Zion,
we were like men who dreamed.
2 Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them."
3 The LORD has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.
4 Restore our fortunes, O LORD,
like streams in the Negev.
5 Those who sow in tears
will reap with songs of joy.
6 He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.
Psalm 126 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Isaiah 12:1-6Revelation 1:1-8John 7:37-52

No comments: