Friday, December 19, 2008

Eternal Father, let the bells of Christmas signify gentleness as the answer to all violence, tenderness as the answer to the world's harshness, light as the answer to the dark shadows of our misunderstandings, hope as the answer to the meaning of life. Amen.
(Thomas Merton)

1 I call on the LORD in my distress,
and he answers me.
2 Save me, O LORD, from lying lips
and from deceitful tongues.
3 What will he do to you,
and what more besides, O deceitful tongue?
4 He will punish you with a warrior's sharp arrows,
with burning coals of the broom tree.
6 Too long have I lived
among those who hate peace.
7 I am a man of peace;
but when I speak, they are for war.
Psalm 120 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Isaiah 10:5-192 Peter 2:17-22Matthew 11:2-15

No comments: