Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cyprian, Bishop and Martyr at Carthage

Almighty God, who gave to your servant Cyprian boldness to Confess the Name of our Savior Jesus Christ before the rulers of this world, and courage to die for this faith: Grant that we may always be ready to give a reason for the hope that is in us, and to suffer gladly for the sake of our Lord Jesus Christ; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

12 How can I repay the LORD
for all his goodness to me?
13 I will lift up the cup of salvation
and call on the name of the LORD.
14 I will fulfill my vows to the LORD
in the presence of all his people.
15 Precious in the sight of the LORD
is the death of his saints.
16 O LORD, truly I am your servant;
I am your servant, the son of your maidservant ;
you have freed me from my chains.
17 I will sacrifice a thank offering to you
and call on the name of the LORD.
Psalm 116 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
1 Kings 3:1-15Acts 27:9-26Mark 14:1-11

No comments: