Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Father,
You lead me safely.
Today I have encountered a rocky place in my journey through life. Thank You for Your promise to lead me one step at a time, across difficult and dangerous terrain. Because I know that You are a kind Shepherd, I will trust You to guide my feet around this obstacle and on to green pastures where I can find rest and restoration for my soul. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Vindicate me, O LORD, for I have led a blameless life;
I have trusted in the LORD without wavering.
2 Test me, O LORD, and try me,
examine my heart and my mind;
3 for your love is ever before me,
and I walk continually in your truth.
4 I do not sit with deceitful men,
nor do I consort with hypocrites;
5 I abhor the assembly of evildoers
and refuse to sit with the wicked.
6 I wash my hands in innocence,
and go about your altar, O LORD,
7 proclaiming aloud your praise
and telling of all your wonderful deeds
Psalm 26 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
2 Samuel 14:1-20Acts 21:1-14Mark 10:1-16

No comments: