Friday, September 4, 2009

Father,
I thank You.
My heart is overflowing with gratitude. You have blessed me in so many ways, and I am anxious to praise you wherever I go. Hymns of thanksgiving rise up in my heart, and I cannot keep from speaking them out loud. I find myself telling others how much You mean to me -- how much You have brought to my life. Thank You, Lord, for Your goodness, and receive my praise today. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 I cry aloud to the LORD;
I lift up my voice to the LORD for mercy.
2 I pour out my complaint before him;
before him I tell my trouble.
3 When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way.
In the path where I walk men have hidden a snare for me.
4 Look to my right and see; no one is concerned for me.
I have no refuge; no one cares for my life.
5 I cry to you, O LORD;
I say, "You are my refuge,
my portion in the land of the living."
Psalm 142 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
2 Samuel 15:19-37Acts 21:37-22:16Mark 10:46-52

No comments: