Thursday, September 3, 2009

Father,
Your wisdom is great and wonderful.
Lord, thank You for reminding me that I don't have all the answers, that I am a mere child in my understanding. And thank You for urging me to seek out Your wisdom, which is much greater and more mysterious than I can ever fathom. Though Your ways are above my ways, still You love to share Your wisdom with me. And I'm grateful. My ways can only leave me disappointed and unfulfilled, but Your ways will lead me to a truly happy life. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 You have rejected us, O God, and burst forth upon us;
you have been angry-now restore us!
2 You have shaken the land and torn it open;
mend its fractures, for it is quaking.
3 You have shown your people desperate times;
you have given us wine that makes us stagger.
4 But for those who fear you, you have raised a banner
to be unfurled against the bow.
5 Save us and help us with your right hand,
that those you love may be delivered.
Psalm 60 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
2 Samuel 15:1-18Acts 21:27-36Mark 10:32-45

No comments: