Monday, September 28, 2009

Father,
I find lessons of wisdom in Your creation.
Thank You, Lord, for the beautiful world You have created. When I find myself distracted and unsettled, help me to take in the wonders around me so I gain a new perspective. I will look at the leaves on the trees and marvel at the changing seasons. I will pluck a wild flower and praise You for the startling detail You place in everything You have created. The birds will remind me that I also have a song to sing. Thank You for the beauty and wisdom You have placed in the world. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 I lift up my eyes to you,
to you whose throne is in heaven.
2 As the eyes of slaves look to the hand of their master,
as the eyes of a maid look to the hand of her mistress,
so our eyes look to the LORD our God,
till he shows us his mercy.
3 Have mercy on us, O LORD, have mercy on us,
for we have endured much contempt.
4 We have endured much ridicule from the proud,
much contempt from the arrogant.
Psalm 123 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
1 Kings 13:1-10Philippians 1:1-11 - Mark 15:40-47

No comments: