Thursday, September 24, 2009

Whatever we accomplish as a church we accomplish through Your help, Lord. The work is too much for any one of us alone; the world's needs are far too great any one person to even make a good start. We would give up, but You urge us on. You take the little that we can do and magnify it into something wondrous. Through Your blessings, together we become blessings for others, one faltering step at a time.
Whenever I am tempted to throw up my hands in defeat remind me that You are always with me, holding me up until the work is done. I am part of Your Body, and together we plant the seeds; You will send the rain and ensure the harvest. Amen.
(From "Prayers & Promises")

1 As the deer longs for streams of water,
so I long for you, O God.
2 I thirst for God, the living God.
When can I go and stand before him?
3 Day and night I have only tears for food,
while my enemies continually taunt me, saying, “Where is this God of yours?”
4 My heart is breaking as I remember how it used to be:
I walked among the crowds of worshipers, leading a great procession to the house of God,
singing for joy and giving thanks amid the sound of a great celebration!
5 Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God!
I will praise him again— my Savior and 6 my God!
Psalm 42 New Living Translation

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
1 Kings 11:26-43James 3:13-4:12 - Mark 15:12-21

No comments: