Friday, September 11, 2009

Heavenly Father, we pray You to cradle our nation in Your arms as You did in its infancy. Only by living in the spirit of Your laws can we reach true liberty and maturity. Guide and foster leaders of integrity and righteousness with the vision and courage of our forefathers we pray You, to till the soil of our nation with true ecumenism and renewal that all people will find the freedom and happiness that exists only through Your grace.
Amen.

6 O LORD, I say to you, "You are my God."
Hear, O LORD, my cry for mercy.
7 O Sovereign LORD, my strong deliverer,
who shields my head in the day of battle-
8 do not grant the wicked their desires, O LORD;
do not let their plans succeed,
or they will become proud.
12 I know that the LORD secures justice for the poor
and upholds the cause of the needy.
13 Surely the righteous will praise your name
and the upright will live before you.
Psalm 140 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
2 Samuel 19:24-43Acts 24:24-25:12Mark 12:35-44

No comments: