Wednesday, March 28, 2012

God of loving-kindness, enlighten the hearts of your children, who are cleansed by Lenten penance. Be not deaf to our prayer, for it is you who awaken within us the very desire to serve you. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God for ever and ever. Amen
(Roman Sacramentary)

1 By the waters of Babylon, there we sat down and wept,
   when we remembered Zion.
2 On the willows there
   we hung up our lyres.
3 For there our captors required of us songs,
   and our tormentors, mirth, saying, “Sing us one of the songs of Zion!”
4 How shall we sing the Lord's song
   in a foreign land?
5 If I forget you, O Jerusalem,
   let my right hand forget its skill!
6 Let my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth, if I do not remember you,
   if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy!
Psalm 137 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: