Friday, March 30, 2012

John Donne (transferred from March 31)

Bring us, O Lord God, at our last awakening, into the house and gate of heaven, to enter into that gate, and dwell in that house where there shall be no darkness nor dazzling, but one equal light; no noise nor silence, but one equal music; no fears nor hopes, but one equal possession; no ends nor beginnings, but one equal eternity; in the habitation of thy glory and dominion, world without end. Amen.
- John Donne

5 For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble;
   he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock.
6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me,
   and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy;
   I will sing and make melody to the LORD.
7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry aloud;
   be gracious to me and answer me!
8 You have said, "Seek my face."My heart says to you,
   "Your face, LORD, do I seek."
9 Hide not your face from me.
   Turn not your servant away in anger, O you who have been my help.
   Cast me not off; forsake me not, O God of my salvation!
11 Teach me your way, O LORD, and lead me on a level path
   because of my enemies.
Psalm 27 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: