Thursday, March 22, 2012

Jonathan Edwards, 1758

O God, who by your Holy Spirit give to some the word of wisdom, To others the word of knowledge, and to others the word of faith: We praise your name for the gifts of grace manifested in your servant Jonathan Edwards, and we pray that your Church may never be destitute of such gifts; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

92 If your law had not been my delight,
   I would have perished in my affliction.
93 I will never forget your precepts,
   for by them you have given me life.
94 I am yours; save me,
   for I have sought your precepts.
95 The wicked lie in wait to destroy me,
   but I consider your testimonies.
96 I have seen a limit to all perfection,
   but your commandment is exceedingly broad.
97 Oh how I love your law!
   It is my meditation all the day.
98 Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies,
   for it is ever with me.
Psalm 119 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: