Wednesday, March 14, 2012

God of wisdom, throughout these forty days you instruct your people and nourish them with your word of life: Teach us through self denial to bind our hearts to your service and make us one through constant prayer; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God now and forever. Amen
(From the Gelasian Sacramentary)

1 Give ear to my words, O Lord;
   consider my groaning.
2 Give attention to the sound of my cry,
   my King and my God, for to you do I pray.
3 O Lord, in the morning you hear my voice;
   in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you[a] and watch.
4 For you are not a God who delights in wickedness;
   evil may not dwell with you.
5 The boastful shall not stand before your eyes;
   you hate all evildoers.
6 You destroy those who speak lies;
   the Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.
Psalm 5 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: